2790 W. Tennis Rd.
Garden City, Kansas 67846
620-290-2642 (cell) Grains handled: Wheat, milo, soybeans
7:30 AM – 5:00PM
Wheat, Milo, Soybeans
The Tennis Elevator was acquired in 1933 for $12,870.58. The wooden frame elevator had a capacity of around 15,000 bushels. The Tennis Elevator was named after E.A. Tennis, the general manager of the Garden City, Gulf, and Northern Railroad. The elevator had access to railroad service.
In 1953, the original concrete structure was built having a 500,000 bushel capacity.
Then in 1958, an annex of 20 tanks was built increasing the elevator’s capacity by another 500,000 bushels. A new 26’ x 14’ scalehouse was built and new 10’ x 60’ scales were also installed. The old frame elevator was removed shortly after this.
The last addition was made in 1984 adding another 275,000 bushels storage space bringing the total capacity of the Tennis Elevator up to 1,275,000 bushels.