Certified Energy Specialist Opportunity To Serve The Petroleum Needs of GCC Members
Apr 23, 2020
There is an immediate career opening for a Certified Energy Specialist that will serve the members of the Garden City Co-op through our Petroleum Division. This role will assist our members on their farms with their energy needs, support them with their questions, and provide expertise with CHS products and services. This person is an employee of CHS but the role will be supporting the Garden City Co-op.
Outside Sales Specialist
ACTIVE FULL TIME
CHS is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist for our Cenex® branded products in the Garden City, Kansas area. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Evaluate current customer programs and develop marketing plans and programs to meet customer needs while growing the cooperative business.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, distribution, operations, technical staff and credit to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for businesses and customers by combining established relationships with product, marketing and technical skills.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Provide training to co-op staff and customers.
- Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Manage and complete special projects for the local co-op and customers.
- Develop knowledge of multiple energy products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2 plus years of outside sales experience to include: product presentations, sales negotiations, preparing bids & proposals and closing the sale
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Agriculture or other business related program
- Additional outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently Petroleum, Refined Fuels, or Lubricant experience
- Petroleum, Refined Fuels, or Lubricant experience
- Experience developing marketing plans, calculating margins, and profit
- Mechanical understanding of equipment
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma
Sales / Business Development
PS - Energy-Petroleum Sales