Creating Your Winning Marketing Plan
Sep 17, 2021
By Dakota Benear
It is never too early or too late to start planning ahead for the year to come. With current market volatility and higher-than-historic cash prices, it’s more important than ever to have a marketing plan. Some tips to consider as you build your grain marketing plan:
- Set realistic price targets based on your cost of production.
- Sell incremental bushels based on percentage of total production.
- Set selling deadlines to ensure that you are proactively selling. These could be based upon crop stage or calendar date.
- Know your contracts – Garden City Co-op has a host of different types of contracts to meet your risk management needs.
- Keep up on market trends and the headlines that are driving them.
Grain marketing can seem overwhelming but having a plan in place can make it easier. Your Garden City Co-op grain team is here to help. Reach out to your local grain originator to discuss how they can assist you in developing a winning game plan.